SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tj_shopper

LG, Bosch or KitchenAid Dishwasher

tj_shopper Eng
6 years ago

I have narrowed down my choices for a dishwasher but I am torned on which one to get. I am building a new home and will be purchasing two dishwashers. Originally I was going to get a standard 24 inch and purchase an additional 18 inch. However, I have found that there are not that many 18 inches out there and for the price, I was just better off getting another 24 inch. We host most family gatherings of about 20 people about 3 times a year and could really use the second washer.

The ones I am considering are:

1. KitchenAid Model #KDTE254ESS - costs about $800. I really like this dishwasher. Positives: It has the third rack, heating element and the racks slide out really smoothly. 39 decibels. I currently have a 9 year old KA dishwasher and it works great. Negatives: I'm getting the LG refrigerator and the handles don't match.
  2. Bosch #Model # SHPM78W55N - costs about $855. Very nice. Have heard great things about Bosch. 39 decibels. It also has a really nice deep third rack. Negatives: the handles don't match the LG refrigerator, no heating element and I heard some issues with smell (something to do with the filter?)
  3. LG Model #LDF7774ST - costs $580. Sold at Costco. Positives: The handles will match my LG refrigerator, the price and the four year warranty at Costco. Costco doubles the warranty from one year to two year and if you use their Citibank Visa, they add an additional two year warranty making this four years. Negatives: the racks don't glide out smoothly like the KitchenAid. It's really rough. I've looked at a few of them and they all don't have good rollers. It's 44 decibels - higher than the KitchenAid and the Bosch. I don't believe it has a heating element.

So, there you have it. The Costco warranty is really appealing but just can't decide. Any help or thoughts on any of these models would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (11)