SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsamant

Please help with my yellowing leaves on squash and beans....

JL (Zone 6B MA)
6 years ago

Hello, this is my first time posting and first year of "serious" vegetable gardening. I am growing summer squash and beans (bush as well as pole) in a true raised planter bed - a few feet off the ground. I used all organic mix of compost and potting soil mixed in with some organic fertilizer for the bed. Everything seemed to be growing perfect until this last week when I left for a few days over the 4th of July holiday. I asked my neighbor to water my veggies if it did not rain and he watered once in the three days I was away. When I came back , the one summer squash I had growing (this was my first female flower) looked like this.

Also, a lot of leaves are yellowing on all my plants. The squash and both sets of beans. I don't know if it was the watering because the plants did not look wilted when I came back - just a few yellow leaves at the bottom of the plants.

but over the next few days a lot more of them have yellowed as well.

I appreciate any help you can give me on this. I am at a loss and have googled it but seems like so much could be wrong from inadequate watering, calcium deficiency, stress, some kind of bacteria / virus etc.

Comments (5)