SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodi_kobernick

Echeveria transplanted into terrarium is dying

Jodi Kobernick
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello!! I'm new here and new to caring for succulents. I need some advice. After finding several adorable little succulents at my local nursery, I decided to create a little succulent garden container. I used glass (1st mistake?). Knowing that they need good drainage, I lined the bottom with gravel and then used a commercial cactus/succulent potting mix (Miracle Grow). I planted this container (see pic) about 10 days ago, and I only watered the biggest plant which was incredibly dry - soil was rock hard. I'm wondering if that water drained into the area where the two echeverias are, because both are losing leaves rapidly (leaves getting mushy and brown). Is there any way to save them at this point? The three other plants look healthy so far. The biggest one was one I had in my kitchen garden window for 2 years and pretty much neglected. The other 4 plants are new. Currently the planter is near a west facing window that gets bright indirect light. Should I move it to my east facing greenhouse window that gets direct morning sun and heats up temp wise? Thanks for all advice!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!