SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcandmilo

Non grafted citrus from nursery?

kcandmilo
6 years ago

I am getting spoiled by success! Thanks to the amazing folk on this forum, my citrus is blooming and fruiting and looking so much happier! I can't believe I was asking advice about chopping down and removing my trees on this past February!

However, now I am getting greedy, and wondering why my navel orange is not showing the same signs of being fed at last! I tried to find a graft line to make sure i hadn't in past years let the rootstock grow instead of the graftee and can't see one! Following the discussions on this board makes me wonder if I have a non-grafted citrus, in which case I might be looking at a tree too young too flower? Is it likely a large wholesale nursery (this was bought and planted by a landscaping company that graded our yard for us) would have a non-grafted plant? Aren't they more expensive in terms of man hours to grow to maturity? (It is about 7-8 feet tall, about 4 feet around, and 4 years in the ground in my yard.)

Meanwhile here is my busy, hardworking Meyer lemon. ( I know y'all will tell me to thin out the flowers, but I am so happy to see blooms at last!) This one is about 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide, and has been in the ground in my yard for about 3 years).

KC

Comments (8)