SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tristansgarden

What's wrong with all my citrus?

Tristan
6 years ago

I planted 7 citrus trees a little over 2 years ago here in zone 9 California. All were purchased from Costco. They were looking healthy and growing great, but a couple months ago I was forced to transplant 6 of them. 2 died. 1 of the dead ones got replaced. The 4 remaining transplants plus my new one all look TERRIBLE now. I want to help them recover, but I don't know how to! I keep the soil moist, and I fertilized with orchard brand citrus fertilizer about a month ago (following instructions on the box), and more recently worked some coffee grounds into the soil. They're also given some diluted urine from time to time. What else can I do??

1. Kumquat:

Above is my little kumquat. It lost half its leaves in the transplant, with no signs of them growing back. The remaining leaves are light green.

2. Lemon:

This lemon was just purchased to replace one that died. It's leaves were *quite* yellow, but diligent applications of urine have now turned them from bright yellow to light green. They still look bad though...

3. Orange:

My orange tree lost almost all is leaves in the transplant, and it shows no signs of new growth.

4. Orange #2:

My second orange tree seemed to do ok at first, then the leaves at the ends of the branches turned very yellow. Now they've started falling off!

5. Mandarin kumquat:

This potted Mandarin kumquat is doing the best of all the transplants, but now its lower leaves have turned dark yellow.

As you can see, each tree has a unique set of symptoms. Any advice is appreciated!!

Comments (10)