SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobchalmers

Moved to a new property but struggling with the layout

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

I've just moved to a new property in the past month and although i like many aspects of the property i'm not sure how best to use the space.

Other issues are that the entrance is a bit small and dingy and the main bathroom is tiny for the size of the house so i think some moving of walls may be in order.

Does anyone have any suggestion as the house feels a bit disjointed (especially the downstairs Dining/Family room)? The Lounge has a lovely main window looking out out of the property so i'd prefer to keep this as a seating area rather than dining but at the moment i've got a dining table at the front door/hallway which feels very odd!

I know this is likely a job for a professional to look over in person but i was just hoping for a little guidance from people with more vision that I as i'm a bit stumped! Any suggestions at all however minor are greatly appreciated.

The little green lines on the images are a 6" step upto the lounge and front door and the little notch out of the main bathroom is a cupboard i'm going to get rid of.

Happy to upload any images if it might help.

Many thanks for your time everyone

Richard G

Comments (7)