SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emilia_m

Help with bathroom layout (includes steam shower)

Em J
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start a remodel of the second floor of my house. I want to build a new guest bath and remodel my master bath. In the master, I'd like to put a double vanity, a free-standing soaking tub (66 inch preferably), and a double shower--steam shower preferably. My bath has two windows, which I'd like to keep, even though they complicate the layout.

Attached is the layout I have so far. I'm not sure it's the most optimal, I'm concerned that it won't be easy to get into the shower, but I'm not sure where else to place it since, for the steam shower, it has to be fully enclosed. I can take 6 inches from the guest bath (so reduce it to around 5 ft in width). Another option is to put a steam shower in the guest bath and create a "wet zone" in the master bath, enclosing the shower and the bathtub together by putting a big glass partition that includes the door approximately in the middle of the bath.

(One caveat on the guest bath, the toilet will be on the same wall as the sink, I just don't have the updated drawings yet).

Any comments or suggestions from the pros here would be much appreciated!

Comments (3)