SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j__n_

Please help save my wedding bouquet succulents!!

J. N.
6 years ago

Hello, I was just married 2 weeks ago and decided to try to rescue and raise the succulents from my bouquet. Ive only tried raising store bought succulents once before and they died very quickly - I think from overwatering. Im really praying I can save these ones so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I started out with 3 full succulents and put them in individual cups of water a few days after the wedding - (not sure if they had calloused or not). Two of them have started growing new roots about 3cm long.

The third has not grown roots and stem looked soft and rotten. Just this morning I panicked and started doing a little research. I pulled some leaves off and cut the rotten part off what is left of the stem.
so I was planning to let the leaves callous along with the little core stub for a few days, then lay on moist soil in a bright bedroom and hope they form roots....

Im really not sure how to care for the other two that are forming roots into the water bowls now.... should I plant then in soil? let them get stronger in the water first? or will they eventually rot this way? Please helppppp I love these little guys and want to keep them for a long time!

Comments (5)