SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmmm12cozone5

Post your all summer bloom rose pictures and reviews for Denver area

mmmm12COzone5
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm pretty new to roses and have added a few this year. There were 4 plants originally with the house. A fairy rose, two Dr. Huey and this one, which I can't identify. It has a nice smell.

Unidentified rose.

This Fairy rose plant is over 20 yrs old and several times I thought it would die off. Turns out we weren't giving it enough water. This year it got extra as we were hand watering the new ones. It has recovered nicely. We added an extra drip to it.

This Iceberg rose from O-Toole's is doing beautifully. I don't know if it is own root or not. It was already this size when we bought it this year.

This is my new Sally Holmes rose from High Country Roses. I hope it recovers. The blooms on my own root roses from High Country Roses seem to struggle and dry out while still young on the cane.

Same thing is happening to Chuckles. Three plants look like this.

One plant looks like this.

The dirt around them seems to be wet. I feel we are in danger of drowning them. Maybe that is why the petals are wilting and drying out? Is it just transplant shock? Theories on what we are doing wrong are welcome.

I have some others with no blooms right now but this is my attempt to give my garden some summer color. Can other's post pictures of the roses they have had luck with that bloom all summer long in the Denver area?

Comments (8)