SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodcycl

Toro Recycler 22in Lawn Mower Model NO. 20031 won't start

Brian Christoff
6 years ago

This mower is from the 2003 - 2005 timeframe and includes the primer bulb. Annually, I replace spark plug, change oil, and clean (or replace) air filter. A couple times I've had it worked on by a small engine repair when it hasn't started in the past. However, lately, I feel like I should be able to figure this out on my own.

I've confirmed the spark plug is good / has spark. I've confirmed gas is good and have used stabil and other additives.

I noticed the primer bulb may be starting to have a tear/opening in the very end of it so I ordered one.

Most recently, I took the carb apart and cleaned it including the needle and the jet. However, when putting it all back together, the black rubber gasket appears too large and doesn't seem to seal well no matter how much I attempt to get it all to assemble correctly. So, now what I have is a carb that leaks gas.

Has anyone else run into this carb gasket issue? Once I get that figured out and replace the primer bulb, I **HOPE** it will start.

Photo attached to see the carb area since there are so many different models of the Toro Recycler.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments (5)