SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdkrhe64

Sad news and redecorated...

Mary E
6 years ago

Hello Everyone. I have some sad news to share with you all. My sweet, sweet baby (dog) Sophie passed away almost a week ago (Tuesday, June 13th). She died suddenly and in my arms. It was absolutely heart shattering. I felt as though I lost my child (I only have fur babies). I know one day when I speak about her I will feel happiness from the wonderful memories she gave us, instead of this deep pain.

My sweet Sophie passed away on my living room rug as I held her. I don't know why, maybe this is my way of coping, but I got a new rug. I even rearranged my entire living room and fixed it to where the entertainment center is now where she use to lay. So her spot isn't empty, but no one else is filling it. It may seem silly, but I just keep on working on new projects.

After doing all of that I pulled out an old dresser I have had collecting dust in a spare room. My husband removed the mirror and now I use it to hold my plant collection. I was going to paint it, but I decided I like the scratches. It only needs some new knobs. So now I am going to get different knobs slowly, to go with my eccentric style.

I also even bought a gallon of paint in a pretty royal blue color. I bought it for something unrelated, but now my next project is going to be painting the bathroom.

Anyways, I guess staying busy is my way of coping. So I plan to share that with you all as I keep working on new projects.

A photo of my sweet Sophie. <3

My living room before. As you can see what makes my house a home is little paws. <3

Now. I feel as though it's warmer and more open. And honestly, that teal rug was pretty gross. It got dingy fast and the shag would flatten and need "fluffed" a lot.

And the dresser.

An example of how I want to do the knobs.

Comments (33)