SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

Any other way to fix this planting mistake?

Lisa Adams
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

First off, I know the best way to deal with this is to dig it up and replant. In February I had a huge hedge removed and the nice man that did it, planted my roses while I wasn't present. Abraham Darby has been requiring a suspicious amount of water since then, and water quickly runs out the bottom of this raised bed in his spot. AD is in a wire gopher cage. It has been hot for the past two days.(90's). In spite of watering Abe is obviously water distressed. He perks up for a short time after watering and then wilts again. Yesterday I climbed into the raised bed and stomped down the moist soil. It did go down, but due to the cage, Abe is slightly elevated. I'm picturing Abe's roots in the gopher cage, underground with a big air pocket. There is no way I'll be able to give him enough water all summer to keep him alive. It's gotten hot, and I have a disability that makes me heat intolerant and kind of a weakling. I rarely see my sons during daylight hours, due to their work schedules. I know this is a long shot, but I thought I would ask any way. Is there anything I can do, other than dig him up and replant? Thanks, Lisa

Comments (12)