SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonitapplebum

Would these pendants work for my kitchen?

bonitapplebum
6 years ago

Here is my kitchen. I have brass cabinet pulls/knobs and chrome faucets (2 more going in where it is marked in pink). My island is 96 x 45. Please ignore black barstools. They are temporary:

In front of the side sink/built in hutch, I have a dining room area. There will be a walnut built in seat that spans the wall under the window and a walnut rectangular table in front of it (apologize for all the stuff there):

I would like to do a brass pendant of some sort. I saw this kitchen that had these pretty brass domes from Circa. They come in 21" and 12":

Do you think this lighting setup would work in my kitchen? My ceiling height is 8 feet and the example kitchen doesn't seem to have v high ceilings either. I'd do 2 of the 21" domes over the island and 1 of the 21" over the dining table. Over the island, the domes would hang 28" from the countertop, if I were to allow for the minimum wire length of 12" and the dome height of 19".

If not, can you recommend another light?I'm hoping to get some high impact with the lights, since my kitchen is otherwise subtle, and lights are easy to change with trends. I also like the white outside, brass inside cones below but they are too big for my ceilings and I was thinking I need something with more width than height. But it looks very cool when they are off (the brass shines), and when they are on (the brass shines even more!). I don't want the light to be visually busy (like lots of little bars and details), but have impact.

Comments (11)