SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pollywoggle999

How clear should my new 6 mm twin wall polycarbonate panels be?

pollywoggle999
6 years ago

Hi everyone.

My name is Nikki, not Randy and I'm a greenhouse newbie. I put up a couple of fabric portable ones but now I'm building a western red cedar one 8 x 12. I've made a proper foundation, stained the wood prior to building and all has gone well. Yesterday I put the window panels in and of course didn't peel the protective coating off until the last minute , as recommended, and the panels are filled with debris. I understand some dust will get in the flutes but this stuff is everywhere throughout. Two panels are squished and warped so don't fit into the slots properly and one large panel had a piece of blue stuff stuck to it underneath the protective coating. When I gently picked it off it left a big scratchy hole yet I didn't scratch it. The top of this same panel has what looks like a big bubble at the top of it so it's warped also.

When I wrote to the manufacturer he merely brushed it off to this is how they come. Do they really?

He then asked me to send a part number of the one panel in question.

I'm not too impressed with the response. I ordered this directly from Costco who have excellent customer service. Maybe I should just call them instead.

I have some pictures of these pieces but it was about to storm so I took the panels out since I didn't want them filled with water.

Tomorrow I'll take pictures of the damages panels.

Should I use an air compressor to blow this out ? I'm really scared of damaging these or mixing the sides up while I'm doing it.

Or should I use my dyson vacuum cleaner?

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Nikki ❤️

Comments (12)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional