SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystearica

Tomato Blossom End Rot + Pepper Fertilizations?

mystearica
6 years ago

Heya,

So I have 1 problem and in need of advice for the other issue

Problem #1 - same problem as last year... big tomatoes= Blossom End Rot. They look great while they are green... as they turn red - BOOM rot sets in. Now it's either calcium deficiency or uneven watering - from my understating. I'm pretty sure it's not the calcium - that seems stupid considering it's year #2 of farming (so the land shouldn't be that depleted) and also mid size tomatoes do fine... I think

Anyway... the whole "uneven watering" is confusing. I water every other day after work.. how exactly do I "water evenly". Last year I used to water daily... same problem. Help? Could it be something else? It's frustrating because this is my first red tomato (got over 50 green ones) and I worry about the rest of my tomatoes.

Tomato in picture is "Better Boy" (which actually is one of the 4 transplants I bought - others are Purple Cherokee, Juliet and some weird looking yellow tomato) - last year it was both my beefsteak tomatoes

2- Peppers.. they are growing... not fast (which is expected because they are slow growers) - what can I do to help them. They are mostly fat, bushy and really short. They are all growing buds for flowers... but their size is clearly to small to carry any fruit... What fertilizer should I use? NPK values?

As always thanks for all your advice

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz