SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kooopons

BlueStar range burner lighting issues

kooopons
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have a 36" 6 burner RCS that my kitchen installer hooked up last week. It's propane and was tagged and labeled for propane. We checked for leaks and good to go there. At first light, 3 of 6 burners would click and you would see a noticeable spark, but they would not light. These would, however, light quickly using a clickable butane lighter. As far as location on the range, it's the bottom right, the rear middle and the rear left (simmer).

What we have done- we adjusted the shutters on these 3 burners and that seems to have helped two of them light better. They still take longer than the rest. The igniter is centered nicely over the holes and a spark is seen. The venturi tube is aligned with the gas orifice and we even took a pin to the holes in the burner, although it's brand new and never been cooked on. The wires are all connected and we kept the zip tie around the wires underneath as directed in the manual.

The most troublesome is the simmer burner. It hasn't lit on it's own despite all of the above. When we light it with the butane lighter it works fine but when we turn it off it goes out and then lights up again for a second and extinguishes with a poof/pop sound.

The flames are blue with occasional orange (minimal) and cone shaped. We adjusted the flame heights using the screw behind the knobs.

Any ideas what is going on here? I get that these can need tweaking from time to time and they look simple as heck, but it's brand new from the factory and 50% of it doesn't work- that just doesn't seem right to me.

Comments (7)