SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilykate7a

Looking towards the end!!

lilykate7a
6 years ago

It is hard to believe that the late bloomers are starting. Rebloom scapes are up and going and some others just keep on pumping out the blooms. I have a few clumps left to bloom but most are heading for the home stretch.

Over the Top-rarely doubles but I don't mind as I love the soft pink it is. It is a late and these are first blooms open today.
Linda Beck-did not bloom well-it is in too much shade-on my list to move. I think I am going to need a backhoe to move all the ones on that list!!
Heartbeat of Heaven-has really performed well this year.
Ledgewood's Tony Likes It-taken in the afternoon today after a pretty hot day.
Elegant Candy-all one plant. Need to divide it. Especially since that is a tree growing up in the middle of it!!!
Bella Lugosi with unknown on right. BL retained its scape height this year!
Frank's Star of Bethlehem blooming low. It is a late for me and was hoping the "in the foliage" syndrome was only impacting the earlies but apparently not.
For Avedon-another pic of Entwined in the Vine. Has been glorious again this year. FYI, Avedon, it does fade in the heat and sun.
The old, reliable Red Volunteer. So bright and also a late for me.
Not a garden shot, obviously, but almost as pretty to me. We lease all our pasture land to a cattleman/rancher for hay. I love the first cutting as grass and trees are still that "greasy green" of spring. He cut it, it rained, and then it rained again, and again. So when baling time came, not nearly as many bales as normal in this field. Picture taken at dusk, facing east, with last rays of sun on trees beyond. And what you don't see is the nearly full moon that was in this space later. Sorry to intrude this into daylilies, but it makes me smile!

Kate

Comments (19)