SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david_nevison

First time chili pepper grower, how am I doing?

David Nevison
6 years ago

So I've never ever tried my hand at growing plants before. I've had a few from the shop but they never last long in my house. I've always been a bit of a chili head. I decided back in April that I will grow my own chilies! I have gone for 9 varieties including 5 super hot varieties. I did lots of research before going ahead a sowing my very first seed, to make sure that I may have some success. So it's been nearly 50 days now since sowing my seeds. The mild varieties are already starting to produce tiny little buds, the super hots are growing steadily. My pride and joy is the Reaper in the first picture below. It dwarfs most of my super hots. Now i know i have left it really late to start growing varieties such as Carolina Reaper, but i couldn't resist the urge.

All my plants are watered once a week with some chili focus added to the water, I keep them in my room which averages around 75F in temperature. I can't put them outside as I live in the UK and I doubt the super hots would do very well out in the elements.

So please any constructive criticism is welcome, any hints or tips would be very welcome.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES