SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Adding more hardscape to existing flagstone patio?

jaxo
6 years ago

I'm installing a patio cover and I want to reduce maintenance and add more floor space for furniture and for a propane or charcoal grill.

I removed most of the plants and will remove the last 2 plants shown in the photo.

I don't want to deal with irrigation and weeds anymore, so I want to remove it all and maybe just leave the garden lights and fountain.

I may also install some artificial plants so the patio doesn't look too plain. I would think artificial plants should do well for many years under a patio cover since they will be protected from most sun exposure.

After removing the rocks, what type of hardcape be easiest to get installed along the fence that would be seamless so a rolling cart won't get caught on it and won't be a trip hazard.

I am going to guess some kind of concrete. Any suggestions on specifics on what would look nice next to flasgstone?

What ballpark price range should I expect for a contractor to do this in an area that's about 4ft x 35 feet?

I'm also replacing the fencing with new fencing of the same type. Would it be better to replace the fence before or after?

Comment (1)