SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karolbaby3__

Dark Green Spots on Leaves

Karol Wroblewski
6 years ago

Hey guys,

I have been growing citrus for a year now. I have used this forum to guide me in the right direction many times. This time, I cannot find anything on my problem. On a few of my trees, there are dark green spots on the leaves. I was thinking there is a deficiency. The new growth is a nice green, with no visible problems. I don't know what these spots are or what causes them. Could it also be the sun? It has been very cloudy these past few weeks, but when the sun is out, its hot!

Also, I just bought a mandarin tree from a local yard sale. Some leaves are a pale yellow green, and these are the bigger leaves. He said the tree was fertilized, and he has quite a few citrus trees himself, so I think he knows what hes doing. The soil was very heavy and sandy! I repotted the tree in a smaller pot with a better mix, or so I think, since the roots aren't that big. I was thinking these leaves were damaged by the sun, but I also don't know what is wrong. The smaller leaves are green, but they are curled. I just want to know if anything is wrong. I ordered two more trees from fourwind growers and they should be coming in this week hopefully!

Thanks for the help!

-Karol

This is the new growth above

Comments (7)