SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

Will this striped patio umbrella work?

I desperately need some shade for my grill area, which happens to be on the front of my house. (I have no backyard). I had plans to construct a patio along with a hedge to give both definition and shade to this area, but I've had to push out that project another year I think. My plan was to have a circular patio large enough to hold a small bistro set and umbrella.

Anyway, I even though I'm not doing the patio now I still need shade. The front of my house faces northwest and is blasted by the afternoon and setting sun. I like to grill almost nightly in the summer, but it is basically impossible due to the sun. So I need an umbrella at least.

Ballard designs has some auto tilt umbrellas which look nice. They have an aqua color which I think would work as my door and shutter are SW rainwashed. I really like the stripe too, and I would like to go with it but I'm a little hesitant and it may look too busy. What do you think, will the aqua color work over all? Will the stripe look too circus-y with my yellow siding? If aqua is a no-go what would you suggest?

Here's my house, the to be constructed patio will be to the right of the side door.

Close up of my door which I think will work with the aqua stripe?

Ballard umbrellas

Comments (17)