SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rich_tet

whats this bush?

rich_tet
6 years ago

hello. got a bush i'm trying to id, if anyone can help? fraid i don't have the facilities to put up a photo, but it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to do by description. its about 4 ft high by slightly less wide, lightish green leaves of a sort of standard elliptical shape, & came to my attention a couple of months ago when it had a load of little (about 1 cm) white flowers, quite tucked away in the foliage but very fragrant & getting a lot of attention from early bees. i tried to take a few cuttings for this reason but they didn't take, so i decided to wait & see if it set any fruit. & now it has, very distinctive little red berries, again about 1 cm long, a bit less wide & with, this is the good bit, a sort of 2 lobed shape, where each berry is divided at the top, with one side sticking out at an angle & about a third to half the size of the main berry, sort of like the 'nose' you sometimes get on tomatoes, only uniform across all the berries. i've harvested 8 decent looking seeds from about 4 fruits & now i'm wondering whether to sow them, stratify, keep til spring or what, & i really could do with knowing what it is! anyone got any idea?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz