SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marcyzone6

Let's have ice cream.....

Marcy
6 years ago

Would you have a sundae? What kind of ice cream? Toppings? Maybe you'd rather have a cone? Or an ice cream sandwich? What's your favorite ice cream treat?

Comments (50)

• always1stepbehind
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

LOVE ice cream....I broke down and had a scoop of Java Chip Hagen daz (sp?) the other night...ridiculously over priced but it was worth it ;-)

• satine_gw
    6 years ago

I like whitehouse cherry, butter pecan, moose tracks if Im having a cone. Sundae-hot fudge (hand dipped vanilla), pecans and lots of whipped cream--with a cherry on top.

• Marcy
    Original Author
    6 years ago

LOL!!

• Uptown Gal
    6 years ago

Oh wow...there isn't one here I would refuse. I think my very all time favorite would be Butter Pecan...or just plain chocolate. ;)

• Lindsey_CA
    6 years ago

I like ice cream cones, ice cream sandwiches, ice cream in a bowl or cup, and ice cream straight out of a pint carton. :-)

For a sundae, I like vanilla ice cream with a slice banana and hot fudge sauce. For ice cream in a bowl, I like vanilla ice cream with Hershey's chocolate sauce and dry roasted peanuts. For eating straight out of the pint carton, my very most favorite of all is Baskin-Robbins Rocky Road, and second favorite is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. For a cup, I like one scoop of B-R Rocky Road with one scoop of B-R Gold Medal Ribbon. For a cone, chocolate ice cream.

• User
    6 years ago

Dh loves Trader Joe's Coffee Bean Blast and I sneak a bit from time to time. I feel less guilt eating a Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip bar. Usually buy them at WM, but recently found them in a 15 pack at Costco even cheaper.

https://www.yasso.com/products/mint-chocolate-chip-stick-bars/

• caflowerluver
    6 years ago

I like BR's Jamoca Almond Fudge.

• glenda_al
    6 years ago

In a cup: chocolate lovers trash

• adellabedella_usa
    6 years ago

I like a vanilla ice cream with banana or banana chips, pieces of milk chocolate, nuts and coconut.

• marylmi
    6 years ago

I'll have a banana split please. I allow myself one a year! Just bought some Halo brand ice cream as it is lower sugar and fat. It tastes pretty good.

• Rudebekia
    6 years ago

Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for me. Right out of the carton :)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    6 years ago

We don't buy ice cream any more but I do make it for company or by request. Everyone's fave is frozen lemon custard and I often serve it as an ice cream sandwich between two homemade shortbread cookies.

A close second is mocha ice cream , so yummy!

• OklaMoni
    6 years ago

Hands down, my own! I make a chocolate, with some Bailey's added. YUMM!

• sheilajoyce_gw
    6 years ago

We love plain lemon custard with nothing it, which is so hard to find. I also love coffee but can't really eat it because of the caffeine. We used to be able to find fresh peach ice cream in the summer but not any more.

• stacey_mb
    6 years ago

Ice cream? Don't get me started - it's one of my all time favorite desserts. Fresh peach ice cream, now that sounds heavenly! My current favorite is a soft ice cream parfait with Skor bits and other flavors from a local ice cream shop.

• joyfulguy
    6 years ago

I just got 4 litres (about 1/2 gal.?) of chocolate caramel (sometimes get chocolate peanut butter), Chapman's Premium, a local brand that has refused to follow the recent trend of shrinking package sizes ... for a dollar under the usual price.

I like vanilla with maple syrup over it, maybe some whipped cream, as well.

Enjoy your guilty pleasure, everyone.

ole joyful

• Texas_Gem
    6 years ago

Peanut butter fudge sundae from Braums. Peanut butter flavored ice cream with mini peanut butter cups. Warm peanut butter sauce and hot fudge on top with whipped cream and a cherry.

I can't even finish a single scoop sundae as it is so decadent but that is my favorite.

• nickel_kg
    6 years ago

All those flavors and combinations sound great, I'd eat them all! But anything chocolate, and black raspberry are my 2 most favorite flavors. Portion control is a challenge -- "Blue Bunny" mini cones are about the right size.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    6 years ago

I'd like to go to the Crown Candy Kitchen in St Louis and have a Carmel Newport. SO good...

• yeonassky
    6 years ago

I can't join everyone in the regular ice cream but if I could it would be licorice ice cream in a cone. 2 scoops please. Not allowed sugar or licorice these day though. :( :( :( I make a substitute blend of frozen bananas and frozen berries and we call that our ice cream. :) We like a bowl best and two scoops each usually does it. Hubby puts nuts and whipped cream on his 'ice cream'. We also have a banana ice cream banana split about twice a year. DH and son put chocolate syrup, maple syrup, walnuts and whipped cream on theirs. :)

• cooper8828
    6 years ago

Butter pecan in a sugar cone. Dang the luck - it's going to be hot tomorrow and I may just need to indulge.

• lindaohnowga
    6 years ago

My favorite is black walnut.

• OutsidePlaying
    6 years ago

I don't care much for cones, but I love ice cream in a bowl or out of the carton. My fave is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt or the ice cream. Publix put out a Salted Caramel last summer we also liked pretty well. But I love a bowl of good vanilla bean with sliced banana, dark chocolate syrup and nuts.

• wildchild2x2
    6 years ago

I love ice cream. I eat it several ways. I like soft serve sundaes with fruit toppings usually blackberry, boysenberry or strawberry.

My favorite regular ice cream sundae is a black and tan. That toasted almond and vanilla ice cream layered with fudge and caramel sauce. Topped with whipped cream, nuts and of course a cherry. Sometimes I get whipped malt topping instead.

My favorite go out for a cone ice cream is Black Raspberry Marble or their Mango at a local shop or Marianne's White Spumoni when I can get it. I can order it locally if I order several gallons or I have to go over the hill.

We always have vanilla on hand and at least one sherbet and whatever DH is into at the time in the freezer.

• marylmi
    6 years ago

Well after reading these posts I had to have some of the Hallo Top Caramel Swirl ice cream. :)

• Lindsey_CA
    6 years ago

Yeonassky said, "I can't join everyone in the regular ice cream..."

Actually, I don't eat ice cream all that often, either. I try to stay away from dairy -- not because of being vegan, because I am the total opposite, but because I don't want to consume casein. Instead, I eat coconut milk "ice cream" and coconut milk yogurt, etc. Lots of flavors and very tasty!

• wantoretire_did
    6 years ago

Ben & Jerrys Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz, is a pure delight ;-)

• marilyn_c
    6 years ago

The one I liked best...for years....Blue Bell quit making. It was Fruit Special....so now I usually keep Pistachio Almond on hand or Buttered Pecan or Cherry Vanilla...or all three. I really don't care for pieces of chocolate or chocolate swirls in ice cream, and seems like most of the varieties have that now. I also like lime sherbet.

• janey_alabama
    6 years ago

I like vanilla with chocolate syrup, peanuts & sliced bananas But my all time favorite is orange sherbet.

• cacocobird
    6 years ago

B & R Mint chocolate chip, or Haagen Daz coffee. Like hot fudge on the coffee.

• chisue
    6 years ago

The first thing I buy when we hit Maui is Roselani's Chocolate Macadamia Nut ice cream. Groceries sell the 'regular' (high butterfat). The 'premium' (highest butterfat) is sold to restaurants.

Who could resist fresh peach ice cream?

I don't like cookie pieces, candies, etc. in my ice cream. I want smooth, high butterfat ice *cream* -- not 'ice milk' or something 'volumized' with air. Some enormous tubs don't weigh much and are primarily just *sweet*.

• Ziemia
    6 years ago

Current fav flavor or ice cream served with a slice of toasted pound cake. Sometimes, the current 'fav' is a throwback --- Neapolitan. Brings back memories of being a kid.

• Rusty
    6 years ago

Gosh, I haven't had a sundae in so long I can't even remember when it was or what flavor it might have been!

I love to get a cone at Baskin Robbin's when I am somewhere close to one (the nearest to me is about 50 mi.). My favorite flavors there are Black Walnut when they have it, or Baseball Nut. At least I think that is the name. Haven't been to a BR in a very long time, so I really don't know what they have now. I like to try new (to me) flavors there, too.

In cartons, I love LOVE Siviero Maria's 'Bacio' Gelato, and the Cappuccino Gelato. I also like Breyer's Gelato Indulgences, Raspberry Cheesecake. All of these are very rich, I love the creaminess of them! So they are rare treats for me, And I try very hard to limit the serving size when I do indulge. Easier said than done! Another carton flavor I love is Hygeia's Amaretto Nut Fudge, but I haven't seen it lately. In fact, neither of the grocery stores here carry any Hygeia ice cream anymore, so I'm wondering if they have gone out of business, or just dropped their ice cream products, or what happened. Guess I'll have to Google and find out.

I like several of Blue Bunny's flavors, too. I like ice cream that is rich and creamy. Don't much care for Blue Belle, I think it is highly over rated, and over priced.

Rusty

• marilyn_c
    6 years ago

I only buy it when it is on sale. Then it is usually 4.44 a half gallon. My favorite chocolate ice cream is Baskin Robbins' Rocky Road....but it is too expensive to have more than a cone.

• bob_cville
    6 years ago

The local grocery store frequently have "Buy two get three free" sales, and recently had half gallons of ice cream offered via that deal. The good part of it is you get 5 half gallons of ice cream for about $11, the bad part is you have have to find room in your freezer for 5 half gallons.

I mostly prefer flavors without chips or chunks or lumps and totally avoid nuts. The five that I bought were Vanilla (which goes well on brownies, or by itself with Kahlua), Mint Chocolate Chip (my wife's favorite), Bordeaux Cherry, Chocolate, and Coffee. The last two I will put in a large mug with milk and blend to make a mocha shake.

• sprtphntc7a
    6 years ago

make my own w/o sugar. i use truvia.

when out and HAVE to HAVE: Cherry vanilla, Coffee, vanilla and chocolate, mint choc. chip.

soft serve: mixed & seasonal flavor: pumpkin & cinnamon - YUM!!! (only have this maybe once a year)

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    6 years ago

Fresh peach, oh yes! when I was a kid that was my birthday request yearly. I haven't found a brand that I really love -- Breyer's peach was a disappointment.

Good coffee ice cream would be second (even though I generally don't like or drink coffee); good plain vanilla third.

When I want a lower calorie option I tend to buy Edy's French Silk or Cappucino frozen yogurt.

Forty years ago Baskin-Robbins had a flavor with coffee and chocolate cookie swirls -- I think it was called Viennese Tort -- loved that, would drive 15 miles to get it on occasion

I prefer my ice cream unadorned, but lots of it!

• amylou321
    6 years ago

Chocolate ice cream, homemade brownie chunks,crushed up oreos,hot fudge, chocolate chips,and a diet coke.

• Fran
    6 years ago

Local dairy makes a flavor called Purple Cow that I love. It's raspberry with dark chocolate and white chocolate chips. . I also love coffee.

• nickel_kg
    6 years ago

I like rich and creamy too. I've tried some low-calorie, low-fat options but don't much care for them. I want my ingredients list to start with milk, cream, and sugar.

• OklaMoni
    6 years ago

yes, right now, my home made chocolate ice cream. Going for some RIGHT NOW! :)

• OklaMoni
    6 years ago

Oh, it was specially good... with some Baileys on it. ;)

• aok27502
    6 years ago

Any time, anywhere. I don't particularly care for walnuts. Otherwise, if it's cold and in the ice cream counter, bring it on. Dairy Queen, that works., Wendy's frosty, can make do.

I haven't bought any lately because fat. We also get the buy 2 get 3 free offers, and I have a big freezer. :) Too much temptation. DH is pining for mint chocolate chip, I may have to give in. I think it's on special this week. OMG, the chocolate black cherry.

Be right back, gotta run to the store ....

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    6 years ago

I ADORE ice cream! I cannot keep it in my house - too much temptation and I'd quickly regain the weight I lost. I owe much of that weight to Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia!

• jemdandy
    6 years ago

Sometimes, I get a craving for the old fashioned soft serve, the kind served at Dairy Queens years ago.

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    6 years ago

I keep it simple. Bowls of Bing Cherry!

• norsetex
    6 years ago

I like my nuts and fudge in my ice ccream not additions on top . Fav Jamocha Almond Fudge, or mixing chocolate and butter pecan together, or think Haagen Das had a raspberry sorbet swirl in vanilla . I don't understand cookie dough in ice cream..bu to each their own .

Marilyn C I have an app on my phone for B-R usually get almost daily offers of reduced prices for a cone or at evening hours. I don't go very often but it's nice once in a while .

• pekemom
    6 years ago

Chocolate has always been my favorite but now vanilla is a very close second.

• DawnInCal
    6 years ago

We stopped at a Ghiradelli candy and ice cream shop after lunch yesterday and shared a scoop of their black cherry ice cream in a waffle cone bowl that had been dipped in Ghiradelli dark chocolate. I don't usually like dark chocolate but paired with the black cherry ice cream it was delish!