SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_rozich

HELP my poor little Hosta is dying!

Teresa Rozich
6 years ago

Ok, seriously, I've never grown a Hosta before. I've seen them, and considered them, but never had a spot for them. So This year when I re-did the garden, I purchased ONE hosta for the front corner of the garden next to the porch steps. I wanted something that was attractive, but wouldn't get so tall as to interfere with the steps. It was listed as full sun capable, and this area gets about 75% sun thru the day. However it does have the shadow from the stairs in the evening. So, let me show you what this looks like. I'll be cutting back the damaged leaves later today - I was trying to determine the cause before I cut it back though. My first thought was not enough water, thinking maybe because of it's location I wasn't providing enough, so was careful to make sure it was getting watered the same as the rest of the plants here. There IS a Dahlia just to the right of it that's barely growing, but everything else in this part of the garden is bigger than "advertised". (so much so that my garden looks awkward this year). I'd have worried about the sun, but when I purchased the hosta, it said this variety was a full sun plant. I only put full sun plants because of the amount of sun this section gets. It's not exactly full sun, but I wouldn't call it half sun either.

Comments (19)