SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marigold33_gw

Please help solve this mystery

Marigold33 NY-Z7
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I planted Firefighter several years ago and decided it was a 1 cane wonder, but to be fair I didn't give it a chance to come into itself. I was so set on getting The Magician, a rose I planted at my mother's house that I was so taken with and wanted to replace FF with The Magician. I don't like to remove anything and Iv'e given plants that aren't working out to family and neighbors if they'll have them. My husband isn't into gardening but it appears he secretly has come to like it more than he lets on. Either way I'm grateful for his help. So I wanted to remove FF, I did see one bloom at least and the bloom was as pictured and like a hybrid tea like it should be. I had no one to give it to so I was going to SP it. But hubby convinced me to find a spot, so we did. The rose bush became different, cluster flowered, with yellow in the middle, red but semi double different from it's original form. What happened? Ironically it resembles Raspberry or maybe it's Roseberry blanket (had it for many years) which I DID eventually shovel prune in another area only this is taller and more upright. Any ideas, thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!