SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vkw1991

Peace lily dying?

I know there have been several forums here which were rather old in regards to peace lily leaves turning brown, however the age of the plant was never brought up.

My peace lily is almost 10 years. I repotted it about a year ago and changed the soil a few months ago. I tried adding Miracle Gro all purpose fertilizer and that also isnt helping. The tips of the leaves are a dark brown and cover up most of the leaves. I just cut cut all of the damaged leaves down to the stem since every time i tried just pruning the leaves, the rest continues to turn brown.

The plant sits in the corner of my kitchen where it receives light so long as the window is open and its sunny outside. My house stays at 68 degrees almost all year round.

I also noticed grey fuzz and tiny bugs flying around so i scraped off the fuzz and emptied out the water at the bottom of the pot as i read the bugs are most likely from overwatering. The soil wasnt drenched but i use a self watering planter so i drained that out and will wait for my plant to droop before rewatering. There are also some leaves with white spots on them.

I still have some damages leaves but the majority are gone and i didnt want to cut all of my leaves away as i am trying my best to keep this plant alive as it was given to my mom at my grandmothers funeral and my mom gave it to me when i moved out.

Any tips will help, i just cant lose this plant and i would love for it to bloom again someday.

Comments (6)