SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benedicthenry

Help to identify what animal is soiling our front garden please.

B H
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Folks,

Firstly, my apologies for the nature of the post and the pictures of poo (or scat for those of you reading this on the other side of the Atlantic).

We've recently moved into a terraced house in London and have noticed that the part of our front garden which is essentially just bare soil is being used as an animal's favourite restroom. We don't have this problem in our much larger rear garden and we've never seen an animal in the front garden. I'm trying to establish what type of animal is responsible, so we can try to address the problem. I suspect it's a fox or cat and a Google search of poo images suggests to me that it might be a cat, but I'm not entirely sure. If any of you with experience have the heartiness to look at the pictures and could let me know your thoughts, they would be gratefully received, so we can work out the best way forward. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this would also be most welcome. We're going to be planting some plants in the area and reducing the area of soil, so there won't be nearly as much bare soil. The first picture was taken this morning of a fresh deposit left between the hours of 10pm and 10am. The last 2 pictures are of the area yesterday before I removed all the poo.

Thanks for your time and help all.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor