SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodcrazy

professional upholstery cleaner help please!

7 years ago

hi, i've made a couple of posts since acquiring an expensive chaise second hand. it has some wear, dirt and discoloration on the seat cushion and sun damage on an armrest but the rest looked beautiful and new.
it is a chenille fabric, made of rayon, cotton and polyester, labelled "P" cleaning code.
i hired a professional upholstery cleaner (great online reviews) and though its cleaner, the upholstery is in a worse state.
the steam cleaning left the texture distorted and rough to the touch with uneven wavy hues and was left to dry ungroomed. except along the bottom edge the fabric remained untouched ( nozzle didn't reach the fabric?)- it is still beautiful and soft. i sent some photos and he said its because it was previously cleaned and its the residue from the previous cleaning.
i don't understand how his steam cleaning can bring up past residue and distortion (that was not visible nor touchable before) and not be able to remove and correct it.
this is a small one man company with great reviews. i bought this extremely high end chaise for a great price but unsure how to get it remedied

Comment