SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

New Build, Landscaping concepts for house front, zone 5, western MA.

artemis_ma
6 years ago

I'm in zone 5b, verging on 5a, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hilltowns of western Massachusetts.

Considerations: This is rural, a future hobby farm with chickens and goats/sheep. The house is log, the driveway will remain unpaved but may change slightly because I want to be sure guests can circle around and pass other guests in the circular part of the driveway, and not have to back up unless they want to. The front faces due north, but there is a lot of western sun that hits most of this area in the summer.

I have enough photos this will take a couple of posts to upload into. I will NOT be landscaping everything... the cost factor!

Arrival: this shot is when you first arrive in my driveway but don't proceed further - note that people have seen code-required yellow tags about propane exhaust on the right (west) wall as they drive down the road. I don't see them in the photo, but yes, I see them in person. Will need to camouflage these. The two nice trees on the either side will remain.

Closer in:

Closer yet in:

Note: garage door to be repainted the same color as the front door, and there WILL be a row of windows in that garage door.

Now, we come to three shots left to right:

(I am afraid I did move on the third shot...)

Next post, more info.

Comments (23)