SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmelz

Landscaping ideas help please.

bmelz
6 years ago

Looking for some advice on landscape ideas.

a couple years ago we had our lawn dug up for the sewers and I think it's finally settled enough that I can redo the landscape.

Last year I temporarily made a two tier landscape layout just beside the driveway and added the country style mailbox.

I'm considering redoing the entire front (each side of the porch/door) but not entirely sure where to start.

The three shrubs in front of the picture window are out of control and I don't know if it would be possible to trim them back enough without killing them, so my thoughts are they they will need to be replaced. I think the Yew hedge is in good enough shape and just needs a nice trim but I am not opposed to replacing it entirely.

to the right of the door, I've got my two tier flower bed with 4 hostas on the lower level and two holes for potted plants/trees that I change seasonally. I will also be pouring a curved sidewalk along the flowerbed from the porch to the driveway. the landscaping bricks are just run of the mill big box (two blocks high).

I am in South Western Ontario (same climate as Detroit Michigan). and the windows all face the south (picture is pointing north). There is a large maple that you can barely see in the top right of the photos, it blocks most of the morning sun. The sun then goes over top of the tree and sets just to the left of my chimney at the back corner of the house.

Looking for any ideas or suggestions that anybody might have. Thanks in advanced.

Comments (2)