SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldtexasgal

Blueberries: MicroLife vs Jack's Acid Special vs Dr Earths Acid Lovers

oldtexasgal
6 years ago

Hello, just getting started with blueberries in containers since I live in the Texas DFW area (Zone 8a) with nothing but alkaline clay soil. I purchased several varieties of rabbiteye and a few southern highbush to try out.

I have been watering with rainwater and have not re-potted them yet. Some are showing some signs of iron deficiency so I think the pH is off after getting watered at the stores with tap water. Even though they are in fruit, should I re-pot them now to help with that or rely on one of the ferts listed above to correct pH?

I've read a lot and have narrowed down fertilizing to these three products. I'm leaning mostly to the MicroLife Azalea and General Purpose granular fertilizers after reading several posts by Blueboy1977 who has used them with much success.

I don't know how much of the Microlife to use in the containers which range from 2 to 5 gallon sizes. And how often should I add it?

I am hoping Blueboy1977 will see this and chime in along with his best advice on potting formula for re-potting. But any advice from anyone is very welcome :)

Comments (5)