Book of the Week
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
Related Discussions
Book of the Week
Comments (5)I read the book, it was okay. The movie was okay too...although they totally changed her one friend's personality completely in the movie. My daughter said that actress always plays her parts that way. Weird....See MoreBook of the Week
Comments (9)Nickel - I haven't read any other J.K. Rowling's books except for Harry Potter, but you might enjoy her Cormoran Strike series. The four books in the series are rated fairly highly on Goodreads (goodreads.com), especially the third title - Career of Evil. The other titles are The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm and Lethal White. Casual Vacancy is rated lower than any of these. I haven't read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child either, which I believe is published as a play. Incidentally, Goodreads is a wonderful site for book ratings and for book discussions. I find it very entertaining to read comments of other readers about books that I have read....See MoreBook of the Week
Comments (3)This is one of the best books I've ever read. "Rules of Civility" is also very good. Settle in. This is a long, satisfying read with a lot to consider. I recommended it here after reading it while we were on Maui this winter....See MoreBook of the Week
Comments (1)That sounds super interesting, Stacy! I think that I'll add it to my Kindle library....See More- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEYou Said It: ‘Stay Humble’ and More of the Week’s Tips and Ideas
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
EVENTS5 Big Trends From This Week’s High Point Market
Learn the colors, textures and shapes that are creating a buzz in interior design at the market right now
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: A Onetime Carnegie Library Gets Cooking
Trading books for baguettes, this California kitchen underwent years of remodels before its latest modern incarnation
Full Story
ENTERTAININGHow to Prep for a Holiday Party in One Week
You can take care of the house, menu and music in a few days with help from this time-saving checklist
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSDesign Dose: 3 Living Rooms That Caught Our Eye This Week
We wanted to learn more about these living rooms — bright, bold and rustic — uploaded in the past 7 days
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSNew This Week: 3 Living Rooms That Ditch the Tech for Family
Quiet and serene, these spaces invite family and friends to congregate
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSNew This Week: Why Blue Is the Perfect Accent Color for a Living Room
Look to these 4 spaces for a dose of relaxation
Full Story
BATHTUBSNew This Week: 3 Dreamy Places to Take a Bath
Care for a soak? These polished spaces will have your fantasies running wild
Full Story
INDUSTRIAL STYLEKitchen of the Week: Style Trumps Ease in a San Francisco Loft
What’s a little ladder climbing when you’ve got a gorgeous-looking kitchen design like this?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Tipping a Hat to Vintage in Hollywood
Inspired by a quirky antique, this kitchen for a writer-performer recalls the 1920s without conjuring a movie set
Full Story
User