SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalie_taylor28

Advice with Cast Iron tub

Natalie Taylor
6 years ago

Hello! I have just moved into my first flat, and we have a cast iron tub which is in quite a state. It's got yellow and light grey stains on the base and round the side, which I've tried to clean with so many different products and home remedies but they're just not budging. There's also a kind of hole like a paint crack on the rim on the bath.

My landlord has asked me to get quotes to have the tub re-enamled, so I put the job on 'myhammer' and a plumber says just to change the tub all together. I have a feeling the landlord really doesn't want to do this, and wants to keep the cast iron bath. I'm trying to work out whether it's really worth it for them either way and what the best option is. I don't care about it being a specific kind of tub, I just am sick of having to explain to guests that it's (hopefully) not a urine stain! Grim. Anyway, anyone who has experience with this I'd absolutely love any advice you have to give. Whether re-enameling is the right path or changing the bath altogether. I am a complete beginner to this all.

Thanks.

Natalie

Comments (5)