SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donaeec

Any Experiences w/Hiring a Landscape Designer? Seattle WA

Donaee Reeve
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We purchased our house on 5 acres (Seattle Suburbs) almost 3 yrs ago. It's been a project, to say the least. After 2 1/2 yrs and a baby, we are finally getting a handle on the project of our lives. When we bought, the landscape was a disaster, to say the least. Fast forward to today, 7 truckloads of plants removed and 15 burn piles....We finally feel ready to start doing something with our landscape.

I'm playing w/the idea of hiring a landscape designer....from what I've seen you can purchase the plans and then implement each stage as time and money allows---I love this idea as there's no way we could afford to do it all at once (short of winning the lotto). I've just started to look into it, and what worries me is the cost, and it being worth it in the long haul.....from what I've seen plans are going to cost $2000-$3000 minimum. I really want minimal and simplistic.....manageable. This is horse property, so we have pasture/barn on the back half of the property; I wouldn't mind adding another pasture to the front eventually to cut down on my mowing and hay-buying. I really want the landscape to be "tight" around the house....front and back. Nothing too elaborate since we'll be likely hiring help to maintain. I would like plans for a new deck/patio off the back of the house included, however.

Experiences? Recommendations? I don't mind spending the money if it's really going to be worth it.....I don't want to throw good money after bad. I just worry with the simplicity of what I want, that I could've chosen a cheaper option.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting