SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janicemarie

Will these fabrics works for my sunroom?

7 years ago

We are doing some renovations on our first floor and it is time to make fabric decisions for the sunroom. My style is country/ cottage and this room will have four slipcovered chairs and function as an occasional sitting area. It is directly off our kitchen. I had trouble finding an available upholstery grade fabric that I loved but finally found this white matelasse.

My question is if it is "too white" for the curtain fabric I am hoping to use? Or could they work together with a creamy paint to bridge them? I worked with Lori to pick Mannequin Cream for the walls and I really love it so I'm hoping to use that. It is the creamy sample board on the chair. There will be beadboard as well, painted in the Mascarpone shown on the cupboard sample. Mascarpone will be our trim/ kitchen cabinet paint so that is decided. Do you think it matters that the chair white is whiter than the mascarpone and stark white compared to the creamy curtains? I just don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks so much for any insight.

Comments (9)