Ilex vomitoria "Saratoga Gold"

veeta

I have an aversion to red, but I want a native evergreen holly. I found this cultivar online, but I can't find who developed it or where to get it. Is anyone familiar?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

No, but the native Yaupon on the front of my neighbors field is orange, not red. It is not that attractive of a form. Not very tall or well branched. Could be the caliche that it is growing in. It does sucker from the roots too.AND I think it is deciduous Yaupon.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
(Jay/Jax FL/Zone 9a)

No idea but I have also seen Anna's choice yellow cultivar and even the yellow cultivar of the dwarf plants (which I'm thinking of replacing boxwood with since I've seen them be nice and dense), perhaps those you can find more information on?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design Boxwood Alternatives Bring the Chelsea Flower Show to You
Don’t let box blight limit your plans to borrow garden design ideas from the renowned British event
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More