SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gurneetsandhu

Best valve set up for fixed shower head with separate hand held

gurneetsandhu
6 years ago

Hoping some shower experts could chime in.. What would be the best valve set up for a shower with a fixed shower head and separate hand held shower located closer to a shower seat that is on the other end (42 by 72 inch shower). I feel like there are so many ways this could be done. Should I just go with two separate pressure balancing valves... one for each device. Do a single thermostatic valve (giving me volume control) and then use On/Off volume control valves for each device (I feel like this is making it overly complex for some reason). Wonder if I could even go more basic and do a pressure balancing valve with an integral diverter (commonly used on your standard tub shower combos but I don't think I have ever seen someone use this for the set up I have). I read through a bunch of great threads by mongoct and feel like I understand some of the basics now but feel like there are so many ways to get to the job done I am not sure which way would be best. I was looking at cifial products if that matters (also if anyone has any input on quality or experiences with their products let me know). Thanks.

Comment (1)