SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msgenie51642

Got 3 Itoh Peonies at Home Depot today! Pics & Questions

msgenie51642
7 years ago

Hi folks! I bought 3 Itoh peonies at Home Depot and I have a few questions. First of all, I really know nothing much about Peony varieties (Itoh or otherwise) and I was hoping someone could help. Does anyone think that the last two pictures of flowers belong to the same plant? I have no idea. Or they are two roots planted in the same pot? Do you believe the picture of the bud is going to be a white peony with a purplish center (the same as the pic before it)? Does anyone have an idea of the name of any of these? Home Depot doesn't tell you much (I think because their prices are fairly low, as these Itoh's were $59.95 each). These are in 3 gallon pots and are the same price as the one I purchased last year. BTW, the one I purchased last year is doing very well. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Genie

This is a peony I purchased last year. It is yellow.
This is one I just purchased. It has white flowers with purplish centers.
This is another one I just purchased and it looks like it also has white flowers with purplish centers.
Now this one is a puzzle...I also got this one today and the front of the bush has yellow to pink flowers and the back of the bush has more dark pink flowers. The flowers in the back appear to be smaller than the ones in the front.
This is a close-up of the one with the white flowers and purplish centers.
This is the bud I think has white flowers with purplish centers.
This is the one that is yellow with pink.
This is the dark pink flower that is in the same pot with the yellow and pink.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022