SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_williams27

Please help design my Florida landscape (9b)

Jeff Williams
6 years ago

Just moved into this Central Florida home and don't know what to do with the landscape. The house faces west and gets heavy afternoon sun. Front yard has nothing but a Gardenia (want to keep), and a Crepe Myrtle (want to move). I'm being given 4 mature Queen Palms which I'm thinking of using 3 of them in an island away from the house and the 4th somewhere else. Some plants I like are Robellini, orange bird of paradise, Variegated Arboricola, crotons, Bush Alamanda, Hawaiian Ti, white bird of paradise, Japanese Privet (as a tree), Plumeria, and possibly a cactus somewhere. In the backyard we've got a couple mature oak trees, I just planted two Adonidia outside of the pool cage, I have two citrus trees to plant, and in the back corner I want to plant a bunch of butterfly friendly plants around the two established magnolia trees. I have a couple of Areca palms I could put somewhere. Obviously we need sod in the front and the back but I want to get the plants in first and hopefully cut down on the amount of sod significantly to save money. Any ideas for me?

Back yard....

Comments (6)