SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

I've Been Shopping! More Fun Stuff for DD's New Apartment

LynnNM
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm having such a great time helping her decorate her new apartment! And, yes, I message her photos to get her ok before I buy anything (LOL). To refresh your memory, here is my vignette pic of her new sofa, throw pillows, coordinating easy chair, coffee table trunk, end tables, lamps and large art print:

This is a pic I put together to show her old credenza with her new drawer pulls (which I now have, but haven't put them on yet). This will sit across the room from the sofa and hold her flatscreen TV and a lamp (ignore all the stuff inside of it):

And the runner from Cost Plus World Market for the top of it:

So, there are aquas, greens, black and some coral accents here and there. Today, my local Kirklands was having a sale when I stopped by and I found (bought) a few more accent pieces:

This pierced metal candle holder for her balcony patio table, right off the living room . . . or wherever she wants to put it. It's 7" high:

This darling elephant (8" tall and hefty) for her coffee table, which will also have a large exotic glass bowl that she already owns:

Another art print that she loves, for somewhere. It's 18"x18" and was on sale for only $10.99. The background looks more baby blue on my monitor, but it's definitely aqua.

And then this lamp and shade. On sale for half off @ $24.97 . It's 25.5" tall and takes a 3-way bulb. I'm not sure that my photo does it justice, but she loves it and it will work well anywhere in her place.

Oh, and we've had this large, hand-carved elephant puppet from India for at least 30 years. It seriously is a puppet (see the ropes and wood mechanism to make it move?). I can't imagine anyone strong enough to actually hold it up and use it like that, though! It just sits draped over something or hangs. DD's always loved it, and so we've told her that she can have it if she wants to prop it someplace. He's a big guy at about 15" tall x24" long. I've just bought her a narrow (20"w x 72"h) bookcase that she might want to drape him over the top of (LOL!):

Anyhoo, it's great to be able to actually decorate a place again. We move her in, in June. I'm getting anxious to get everything there and in place.

Comments (13)