SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caitlinosullivan

Looking for advice caring for Haworthia (Sydney, Australia)

caitlinosullivan
7 years ago

I recently got a gorgeous little Haworthia, and unfortunately it was knocked over by some workers coming through the front yard, where I leave it for max. sun most days (I keep all my succulents inside when rain is forecast, and overnight, as weather is so unpredictable here!). Since then, the plant has been looking a bit battered, losing some of its colour and even going a bit brown, and the tips of the leaves have dried out a bit, and are a bit squishy to touch. Because of the brown, I'm worried about root rot, so I don't want to water, but I'm also worried that maybe it needs water! I've attached a before and after photo from when I got it (about 2 weeks ago) to how it looks now. Anyone have any advice on caring for Haworthia in general, and possible some specific suggestions for what this plant needs? It is in a well-draining soil (equal parts perlite and succulent and cactus mix) and gets the max sun I can give it. I watered it about a week ago, and that's the only time I've watered since I got it.

Thanks for your advice!

When I got it:

Today:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio