SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_lyssa_labrecque

Climber question - up a balcony - Jackie?

Anna-Lyssa Zone9
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Jackie, with your impossibly far-reaching Madame Caroline Testout & Sombreuil as inspiration...

I'm going to attempt to get something to climb up to the balcony. You suggested MAC and it seems to be the best option.

The rose in question will have to manage with competition from the jasmine (which GC number 2 did NOT enjoy as you can see from the pic, but I also just left that one to itself because I knew I had to move it, just waiting to decide what to replace it with). I'll also have to try to change as much soil as possible in this tiny hole. That should be fun :/

Question: suggestions for training (I don't want it to be a huge bushy thing, I want it to romantically trail up with blooms hanging ever so languidly just like yours Jackie)...

Other question. Aside from MAC, I was thinking a yellow noisette might be nice. That's option 2. Would Alister Stella Gray manage in this tough spot? Another yellow or yellowish noisette? Or Easlea's Golden Rambler though I may have a hard time finding that one... I realize this is a terrible spot for any rose, but we're going to attempt it. But this is a job for only the toughest.

It has to be white or yellow because the yellow on the CG is so intense anything pink would look like an easter egg and anything reddish like a mcdonalds.

Comments (10)