SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

Red shrub rose recommendations please

PKponder TX Z7B
7 years ago

I feel bad about going to my neighbor's house last weekend and while she excitedly showed me all of her new seedlings, I pointed out that she apparently planted bindweed. She had a lovely crop of them and when I told her that they would strangle all of her other plants, she agreed that we should pull them out. She is not an experienced gardener. The thought of pulling out a dozen very healthy seedlings has haunted me since and I could see her disappointment. She has a lovely bunch of coreopsis, cleome and nasturtium getting big also.

She mentioned seeing some lovely small red floribunda type roses growing as a shrub outside her mom's doctor office that she loved and I would like to get her a good one. They may have been double knockouts, but definitely not a single bloom. Can any of you rose lovers recommend something tough and mildew resistant that blooms a lot in red? Is that too tall of an order? I just looked at the Chamblee's website and quickly became overwhelmed with the choices.

I just don't do roses and need help from those that do, pretty please.

Comments (19)