SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anonymous123456

Leather couch fixing and purchasing tips

anonymous123456
7 years ago

We purchased this couch about 6 years ago from Ashley Furniture.(A mistake we now recognize) We were told that the couch was 100% leather and dyed through. Well as you can see from the attached picture it is not. I was surprised to see this because the couch that I had prior, black leather from Rooms to Go never had this happen in the 12 years that we owned it. So as we venture into the world of furniture shopping, what do I need to look for in the leather and what questions do I need to ask to avoid this happening again? I am not looking for something top of the line because I have kids but I want something that will last. I looked at some furniture at Pottery Barn but I wasn't sure if they were worth it.
Also, is there anything that we can do to maybe blend in the areas to buy us some time before purchasing a new couch? I saw that there were some leather dyes available on line but I am not familiar with them. There was a water test that you are suppose to do to see which formula you would need. The leather doesn't appear to absorb the water if that helps any.

Comments (7)