SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphire131

ALL laundry detergent question--pods vs powder

SEA SEA
7 years ago

Hi everyone,

The family is liking the All Small and Mighty pacs (pods) in the wash on their colors for a change up from powder Cheer once in a while. I use half a cup of Borax in addition to detergent and do a 30 minute soak in order get the man smell out of the clothing. Seems to be working and DH is still over-the -moon about his new found fresher laundry! I also have STPP en route to me. Might a week or two before it arrives.

The problem with using the All pacs/pods is that I have to use THREE per load in my non-HE full fill top load washer. One was useless. Two didn't cut it. I must use three pods. This is not economical for me. I'll likely give the All pods to my college age daughters when I see them to use in their front loaders at school.

My question is: I have seen on Amazon that they sell All powder laundry detergent as an add-on item. Does anyone one know if the powder is good like the All the pacs?

My laundry challenge is man smell. It's strong. I've not been able to win this battle since I started using Borax, soaks and powder Cheer. I'm still futzing around with a small stash of Tide powder mountain scent something or other, but the strong chemical scent in the wash water turns me off even though it does seem to rinse out and disappear after the cycle. I think I will let that stash run out and not replace.

Thus, is All powder similar to the All pacs?

Thanks!!

Comments (14)