SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_40150639

I owe you all the truth

User
7 years ago

1. Yes, its Scott Pawprint

2. I deleted my profile without saying goodbye, but I was not and am not mad or upset at anyone

3. I will have to delete this profile too

4. I never expected so much outpouring of questions, concerns, criticisms and inquiries.

5. I had NOTHING to do with any of those posts being removed, I was surprised as surprised as you were.

6. YES, those dogs are mine, I could never make them up

7. I did share TOO much of my personal life on this forum

8. I thoroughly enjoyed coming here each day and interacting with you

9. Yes, my Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn accounts are also deleted

10. After this post, I cannot participate in any forums or social media

11. Sorry to the person who said I posted to many questions for being male

Long story, as you all know I'm currently on long term disability. I have applied for social security disability and waiting for a trial date, which can take up to 2 years.

My attorney advised me that the Judge in my social security case can Google my name and see what I've been doing while waiting on my trial and its best to remove all signs of my online life, on a go forward.

Even though I don't do anything exciting but doctors appointments, and for the most part I'm too sick to leave my bed or the couch. BUT the judge can say that posting in an online forum means that I'm able to work.

As I've read in the previous 2 posts about me, there are many doubters among yourselves. And I can understand that. I did get very upset around the election time and did take a 3 month break from the Kitchen Table.

Also, as Mama told everyone, I did permanently leave the laundry room forum. The main reason for that is my laundry advice was not at the level of the forum members as I'm not an expert laundress. They are a great group of people in the laundry room, but I'm still kind of a dummy when it comes to laundry.

But this departure has NOTHING to do with anyone on this forum, absolutely nothing. I was hoping my disappearance would go easily and without any concern, but I was quite shocked and very surprised.

Believe me, the Judge can look at anything I've done online and see I've NEVER taken a vacation, I'm not posting pictures of me having any sort of fun.

The pictures I post are of my dogs as they are the only thing that gets me through the day and through life during this difficult time.

I know there are people that scam the social security disability system, and the government is NOT joking, At least twice a week a car parks across the street and watches me. They follow me to my doctors appointments and make sure I'm not doing anything fishy. I have no issues with that, they are just doing their job.

My issue is the mere fact that social security disability "can" view posting online to forums such as this as that I'm perfectly able to work. They don't care if I'm posting from bed or if I'm posting while waiting in the doctors waiting room or office.

People are kicked off the system for even menial things. My psychiatrist advised a client to do a little gardening to relax her and un-stress her while having panic attacks. She lost her benefit as the government told her to get a job at a nursery. Another person lost their benefits because she said she cooked her own meals. They told her to get a job in a cafeteria. Another lost benefits for vacuuming. They said to get a job as a janitor.

You may or may not agree with any of these things, and I'm not here to debate or defend anyone's actions or beliefs. But the bad abusers make it harder for the rest of us who are truly disabled. (Seriously, who wants this?)

So, per my attorneys advice, on a go forward, just to delete all my social networking and forum profiles. Yes, things I've said are still on the internet. And I'll be happy to explain it all to the judge if he asks or finds out.

I've also been secretive on many of my ailments. Some are VERY personal and embarrassing. But I've been open about other ailments I deal with. Everyday is a struggle and I do see 9 doctors a month.

You all know I'm broke and that all these medical costs are eating me alive, which I never thought about when my long term disability started. Unfortunately my earnings are $20 over the maximum amount allowable to qualify for government assistance like Medicaid and food stamps. So I'm living off my check and putting everything else on credit cards for now.

One thing I can say is that "this isn't living, or no way to live". I would not be doing this if I wasn't truly disabled. I will loose my car in December and will be filing bankruptcy shortly after. Now who really wants to choose that type of life?

I am trying to get better. I see all my doctors religiously, take all my medications. I quit smoking and I "try" to get out of the house, even though that, in itself causes me more panic attacks, stress, anxiety & PTSD. Yesterday at the doctor my blood pressure was 180/120. But that was because I was having panic attacks all morning before my appointment and couldn't calm myself down.

So enough rambling. I really have to focus on myself and trying to get better, if possible. I have really enjoyed the Kitchen Table, reading posts and writing posts because I'm a very inquisitive person. Believe me, sitting alone day after day, this has become an outlet for me and a way to somehow still maintain a level of communication with the real world - other than talking to my dogs and doctors.

Yes, I've though about using a VPN, posting anonymously and trying to hide my internet activity, but that just looks more suspicious. I have nothing to hide, so I'm not going to do that. I will be totally honest at my hearing, and what ever happens, happens.

Lastly, thank you all for caring. It means a lot to me and I will miss you all.

Here is my last dog picture. This is Paxil at my psychiatrist office yesterday. NOW before you get on me, I know service dogs are not allowed on furniture, but my psychiatrist doesn't mind and said it's 100% OK in his office. Paxil is always bored during my sessions anyway and dozes off.

Hugs and kisses from Paxil, Logan & Scott!

Comments (78)

• rlcollins043
    7 years ago

You say you are being honest here, so let's all be honest. You've been a very active member of the forum and then, suddenly, you were not. Of course your absence would be noticed. You knew this. You deleted your profile and you sat back and waited. To see how long it took until someone noticed and then how much attention it would draw. Then you added some more drama by creating a fake profile to say that you were in the hospital. You say you have been here for a long time, so you know full well how the good, caring people here react to that type of news. I think you succeeded in getting the attention you wanted/needed. If you are indeed coming clean then you need to own that and stop playing games. No one wants to feel that their sympathies are being played on.

Dealing with any sort of disability can be difficult at best and nightmarish at worst. And I am sure it has been nothing short of a nightmare worrying about paying your bills and getting treatment and having to battle the SSI. Convincing them that you need assistance because of mental issues makes things even more difficult because it is not something tangible. I personally know people who have defrauded the government by faking injuries, so I know they can play hardball - and they should. Simply deleting your profile does not remove your presence on the internet. If someone is willing to do due diligence and knows how to use search engines and the Wayback Machine, the information is there. That being siad, I do not believe you are one of those people. I do not think you are trying to dupe the government and I do not think you are trying to dupe anyone here. I believe that you need and deserve the disability benefits. I sincerely hope you win your case.

I think that having people online to support you is very important and if you are concerned about being discovered, create a profile that does not disclose your name, personal details, etc. I am very glad that you have good docs and good representation and I hope that everything works out the best for you.

User thanked rlcollins043
  • jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    7 years ago

The missus is not on KT, nor any other forum. I told her yesterday about the questions without answers. Just now, I read your post at the beginning here. She is a hugger, she would like to share a hug with you. Be peaceful, keep all of your chins up, and rest easy.

User thanked jim_1 (Zone 5B)
  • Related Discussions

I owe someone a big thank you!

Q

Comments (4)
    I believe I can take some of the credit (or shame, depending on how high-brow your palate is), along with another poster, maybe oscarthecat. I'm a purist and don't want another layer on my PBM, but my dad always liked cheddar cheese on his. Eating one of those before bedtime was his stab at keeping his weight up over 130, a problem he not longer has and I've never had (and also the reason I try never to have bread, mayo and peanut butter in the house all at the same time). I think I remember reading that the PBMCC was also a sandwich enjoyed by LBJ.
    ...See More

Henri Martin, I owe someone a thank you

Q

Comments (5)
    greybird, I will have to try Capitaine John Ingram. Olga, no doubt you and Robert were included in helping me choose. I have had Salet for years and it took a long time to bloom and has BS pretty bad but I like the color. Before Henri bloomed it threw out a four foot cane and was sitting there with a nice bush and that one long cane, funny to look at. I guess it was a sign, "Hey look what I can do". I have a tendency to order doubles of a rose I really like so maybe someday another Henri Martin will live here. Thank you. Mariannese, Yes, I'm so glad to have found Henri. Rene seems very vigorous for me. I wish you luck with your additions. Carla
    ...See More

Annie, I owe you big!!

Q

Comments (8)
    Ha ha ha. You are so welcome. That is great! That is a beautiful daylily. Soap powder gets rid of fleas and ticks too and all hard shelled or exoskeletal insects and bugs. Bye bye Fire ants! It softens their skeletons or shells and they die. Helps kill off mosquitoes harboring in wet grasses and flowerbeds too. Go easy on it. Use a fertilizer spreader for the lawn and large areas. I take a box of Gain or Tide with me when I go camping too. Works great to keep your whole campsite clear of things that bite. ~Annie
    ...See More

I owe - Bev, Fran & Kym

Q

Comments (1)
    Marie hon, that is fine. I can wait until you are ready, I know you will send it! No worries and Kym is willing to wait too. We don't expect you to dig under the snow! Good luck getting out of that, are you ready to move SOUTH yet? Then you would have to complain about the HEAT :)! Don't worry, I knew it was gonna be late, I am ok with that. :) Fran
    ...See More
  • cooper8828
    7 years ago

Best of luck to you Scott. I know trying to get disability approved is often a long, tedious process. Try to hang in there and focus on your own health.

User thanked cooper8828
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

Scott, what exactly does the Federal government think you should do with your time and brain? Are you supposed to wrap yourself in bubble wrap tie your hands together and tape your lips..not speak to others...I'm confused here. Arnt there others here on disability....Amiee is on SSI. Her case management worker has encouraged me to provide whatever form of entertainment she can do...game systems...cable tv...laptop computer. ..she was also encouraged to join social media for support....I would talk to your Attorney again..I understand if someone's on disability and than going on social media and talking about all the things they do that would be conflicting with what they say they can do. The KT in a sense has been your emotional support...

Even some people are allowed to work part time without losing their benefits.

I'm mad....I think its wrong to take your small interactions with the outside world away from you. I'm steaming mad. Scott when you were told what you can't do or it will be suspect...what were you told you are allowed to do...and for crying out loud call me my chick.

User thanked mamapinky0
  • User
    7 years ago

Ok.

User thanked User
  • wildchild2x2
    7 years ago

I agree with Mamapinky. I think you are over reacting. I know lots of people on disability and they not only have social media lives but social lives also. I don't know what meds you are on but perhaps you need an adjustment. It is not rational to believe that they would expect you become a dog walker because you walk your dog. That's irrationally paranoid. If someone is actually telling you this you need to find better advisors. I hope you have someone in real life to talk to that can help you. But I also know that until you can somewhat stabilize your anxiety you won't listen much to our advice.

User thanked wildchild2x2
  • User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

How would a judge know to google "Pawprint" to find you? Sounds like you're getting some weird advice.

User thanked User
  • cooper8828
    7 years ago

When I was first trying to get disability approved for my mother, who had early-onset Alzheimer's, I was told by an adjudicator that maybe she could be retrained for an office job. She was in her late 50's and physically healthy. She also couldn't tie her own shoes. I asked if they would like to hire her to help clear up their backlog. I don't think Scott is being paranoid. It happens.

User thanked cooper8828
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Mama, this video explains it in 3 minutes. Please watch.

https://youtu.be/Ud8edWt1cdU

I believe the SSI that Amiee is on is much different than long term disability & social security disability.

I don't have your phone number. :-(

Rlcollins043, I am being honest. Of course my absence would be noticed. But I NEVER expected all those posts. Nor did I want it, whether you believe it or not. I really thought people would just say "oh, he's sick" and move on with life. But it seemed to turn into some serious investigation.

Since 1998 I've disappeared numerous times and NEVER experienced this outcome.

However, I feel you all deserve to know the real truth & put this mystery to bed.

If you feel I did that for the need of attention, that's your opinion. I just wanted the "investigation" to stop. And it's VERY difficult to come out today and say all this.

And yes, all my past postings can be found. No, I am not familiar with Wayback that you mentioned. But social security disability can do what they want and dig up all they want. I'm sure they already have.

I just don't want to be tempted to post, or have to second guess & analyze every one of my posts in the future to see if it was a "happy" post or even raise an eyebrow. Just not worth it.

• Alisande
    7 years ago

Best of luck, Scott. If you can safely join FindAGrave.com you could create a memorial for your dad there. It won't be anything like his Facebook page, but it's something.

Thanks for sharing what's going on. I hope you'll be back one day with good news.

User thanked Alisande
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

I thought a law was passed a few years ago preventing diability Judges from looking into anyone's social media life? I could be wrong. But even when this was happening they were looking for people that claimed they couldn't to certain things..yet posted online photos of themselves in very active situations.

User thanked mamapinky0
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Watchme, check out the video link I uploaded. It might help to explain things.

Of course I don't have to delete or stop posting anything. But it's a risk. I'm not a lucky person. If something can happen, it will happen to me. So I try not to take chances.

Imstill, they can see everything I do thru my IP address.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Mama, it's my understanding the judge can google. Nobody's stopping them. But normally all the surveillance is already done before hand.

• Summer
    7 years ago

Scott - I really admire you. It takes a very special person to "fess up" as you just did. Wishing you all the best and giving you a big hug.......I'm a hugger. Lol. I will think of you.............

User thanked Summer
  • nickel_kg
    7 years ago

It's a weird, complicated world sometimes. Best wishes for you going forward, Pawprint.

User thanked nickel_kg
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

Scott you lost my number...? LOL.. email me...mamapinky0@gmail.com

User thanked mamapinky0
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Check your email.

• amylou321
    7 years ago

Hugs for you scott. I hope things start to look up for you.

User thanked amylou321
  • nicole___
    7 years ago

I for one will miss you. Loved your dog photos....and the personalities that shined through.

User thanked nicole___
  • lucillle
    7 years ago

You do owe us the truth. Unfortunately by saying you were in the hospital, it is hard to know which version of the truth is the real truth.

In this version, I believe your attempt to remove your online talks about disability compensation and removing evidence you were here, if indeed this is the 'real' version will backfire because tailoring evidence of what you can do in order to receive benefits might be seen by anyone investigating as tailoring the truth, and you already have truth problems as evidenced by the hospital claim.

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

If you and the dogs are real at all, good luck to you.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Oh Lucille, I wouldn't expect any less from you.... At this point I don't care what you think, believe or think you're owed by me. Find someone else to antagonize.

• Rudebekia
    7 years ago

Could you be posting too much information again? All the drama and details of your illnesses and doctors appointments and the government restrictions? I'd advise you to say goodbye and respond to people without all the details. Sorry, but something still seems odd to me. I do hope for the best for you: that you can find real flesh and blood friends, recover from your many illnesses, and lead a life that gives you joy.

User thanked Rudebekia
  • wildchild2x2
    7 years ago

Scott I did watch the video. First he is talking about disability insurance. Also he is addressing pain and physical disability claims. He is just basically saying don't be claiming a bad back and have pictures of you online giving your kids piggyback rides or lifting weights. Never in the video does it say avoid social media all together.

Doctors notes, a history of medical compliance and not being able to do the job you are trained for is what counts. No judge has the time or inclination to be searching the net to check out your mental health. In fact, if your recent posts came up it would only confirm you have anxiety and other mental health issues.

The only difference between SSI and SSDI is work history. SSI is generally a lot less. SSDI is based on the earning credits you have put into Social Security. Basically it it the amount you would get with early retirement. The value of your retirement on the day you qualify is the amount you will always have except for cost of living increases. At retirement age it will be the same. Once you get approved for SSDI you will become eligible for Medicare two years later. Unfortunately the years on employee disability insurance does not count toward those two years.

User thanked wildchild2x2
  • User
    7 years ago

All the best to you. You've been lovely!

User thanked User
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

On that note. Thank you everyone!!

• maire_cate
    7 years ago

Scott I do hope everything works out for you. I've always enjoyed your posts and loved the photos of your dogs. Please take care of yourself and perhaps one day after all the hassles have cleared you'll be able to join us again.

In the meantime I understand why you are deleting everything. It's the safest thing to do. Good luck.

Maire

• Dakota
    7 years ago

Scott, I don't post often but I am glad to hear that you are okay, for the most part. I hope you do not have to wait long for a trial and that everything works out in your favor. Hopefully once all of this is in the past you will be able to come back. I'm glad you have the courage to get the help you need, a lot of people with mental illness are too afraid and it is embarrassing because people do not understand. Everyone should have to live just one day with a mental illness, maybe then people will understand what others are going through.

• Janie
    7 years ago

Very best wishes to you for the future, Scott. Will miss you and the pups.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    7 years ago

take care

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    7 years ago

Best of luck, Scott, to you and your sidekicks. :)

• petra_gw
    7 years ago

Very best of luck to you, I've really enjoyed your posts and pup photos and really hope you will come back once everything has been settled.

• lisa_fla
    7 years ago

Best wishes for your future. I will miss your posts and pictures. I'm glad we got 'closure' for now and weren't left wondering what in the heck was going on! I'm curious what the psychiatrist would say about the social media. It seems like its been a lifeline to you. Maybe she can 'prescribe' it in some way,

• Yayagal
    7 years ago

Sending all good vibes your way and may fate give you a huge break and allow you to get the okay from the judge. Sorry about the bits of negativity from some as it doesn't help anyone. Godspeed.

• nycefarm
    7 years ago

Nothing can stop Pawprint from reading here online!

• Rusty
    7 years ago

God didn't put me, or anyone else, for that matter, on this earth to judge anyone. I firmly believe that you have your reasons for being concerned about participating in social media forums. And, you have to do what you have to do. I, too will miss you here. And I hope that things will settle down for you, and you will be able to come back if you want to. And I definitely hope you will get the financial and medical help you need!

All the best to you, Logan, and Paxil! Prayers and good thoughts will continue going out for you.

And you have my number if you should feel the need for someone to listen.

God bless you!

Rusty

• marilyn_c
    7 years ago

I love that picture of Paxil....he does look bored. ;) All the best to you, and hope you can come back someday. Hope your disability case is approved and life treats you much kinder.

• DawnInCal
    7 years ago

Best of luck to you. Life does have a way of knocking the stuffing out of us at time. Hope everything works out for you in the future. Take care of yourself and those sweet pups!

• OutsidePlaying
    7 years ago

All the best to you Scott. I hope the future will bring you peace and resolution of your health and other problems, especially the PTSD and anxiety. It must be hard being in the position you are in right now and most of us can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

I don't see why you can't keep reading whatever you want on your computer. And keep cooking for yourself and doing whatever you must do to keep yourself healthy and alive (mentally and physically) behind your 4 walls. Keep pushing for an advocate to speak up for you and I hope you win!!! Keep the faith!

• ldstarr
    7 years ago

Best of everything to you going forward. May your health improve and your finances tide you through to the disability trial date. I'll think of you often and hope you are doing well.

Lisa

• sjerin
    7 years ago

I'd like to say "ditto" to Marilyn's words. I'm quite surprised to read you're being investigated as I've never heard of that, and I know a couple of people on l.t. disability. That seems over the top, to me and I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Don't they think seeing nine doctors is telling? (I know you can't answer that now.) Anyway, I hope it all comes through for you soon, Scott.

I want to also send you to the NAMI website--it's the BEST organization for mental issues and very well respected. Golly, there is nothing at all to be embarrassed about! You're in very good (and lots of!) good company.

I do hope you can get back on social media again, as it probably is very good for you. Not being able to go out is most isolating. You might also might want to consider Meals on Wheels, unless I missed that conversation. I sure do wish you well, Scott. Come back soon.

• blfenton
    7 years ago

Hope you're still reading. Thank-you for coming back and explaining all. You didn't have to do that but as you discovered, we care.

As you go forward please remember that there are those who do care - your dogs and us and i hope that brings you some comfort and helps you get through your days.

I hope to "see" you again soon. Don't forget about us, I won't forget you.

• lily316
    7 years ago

It's crazy you would be penalized for participating on FB or forums. What do they expect a disabled person to do all day with their time? I enjoyed your questions and pictures of your dogs. Hope it goes well for you and you can return.

• chisue
    7 years ago

Hope to see you back when the coast is clear.

I suggest you offer your government shadows to ride along with you next time you go out. You know, save the taxpayer... (No, I am not *serious*!)

• arkansas girl
    7 years ago

I'm not sure we know the whole story which is fine. I think I know/surmise what's going on as I know of someone that had something happen to them and was followed and photographed. Their FB page actually got them into trouble as they were supposed to be severely injured but they really were just pretending. They posted pictures on FB of being out 4 wheeling and having a great time when they were supposed to be so injured that they could hardly even walk. If there were someone that was investigating the case and did find their on line postings, they could even make something out of nothing. So rather than be afraid of every single word that is said, it is easier to just not participate. If he does indeed have a lawyer, they may be advising him to just halt all on line writing for now. I can't believe that someone has to be a vegetable just to get disability.

• matti5
    7 years ago

Scott, wishing you and your pups well! Hopefully you will be able to resume posting on social media sooner than anticipated. Take care!

• kayjones
    7 years ago

I hope you will soon get your disability fight resolved - I know it can be a rigorous battle - we will be thinking of you.

• yeonassky
    7 years ago

The very best to you and your pups. I'll miss your Scott ness.

• Adella Bedella
    7 years ago

Take care of yourself and your pups. Come back and visit when things settle down.

• User
    7 years ago

It really sucks that you are stopped from such posting here or anywhere else. I don't get to spend much time here, but I will miss reading your posts. I am an old lady, but I wish I could give you a big hug. (((((Scott)))))

• cynic
    7 years ago

I enjoy your posts. Wish you the best and hope to see you back soon. Also wishing you good health, happiness and tranquility. Feel free to contact me if you like.