SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammydu

Will this look work? Also, which countertop edge would you choose?

tammydu
7 years ago

Hello,

I am almost ready to place my order for LG Minuet quartz countertops and am hoping to get opinions as to whether the look I am putting together will work? I am working around 7 year old cabinets that are Java stained maple, and am hoping to soften up the look of the dark cabinets and also brighten up the room with the light Minuet countertops. The walls would be painted a soft light gray, SW Repose Gray, which is also the color on the walls in the adjacent living room (it leans a tad blue/gray in our home). I'm thinking the backsplash will be a soft white subway tile either 3x6, 2x6 or 2x4 in Fireclay Frost, Calcite or Queen Anne's Lace.

Most of the light countertop, dark cabinet kitchen images I have seen have a more modern look than what I am going for. I am really trying to work around my dark cabinets and somehow make the kitchen have a softer, more feminine feel than it currently does. Right now, walls are builder beige and countertops are a beige and brown faux granite laminate, floors are natural oak - so lots of beige on brown.

Also, here are my standard edge choice. Which one would work best in this kitchen?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)