SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
volcanosafari

Any chance my carpenter ants are actually gone?

volcanosafari
7 years ago

Please let me know if this would be better posted in another forum.

We purchased a new-construction house in late August. During the walk-through we noticed carpenter ants coming and going from the crawlspace. There were also issues with the grading around the foundation and we wanted to wait until those were corrected before having an exterminator come out for the ants. Well, the grading issues dragged out until this week (!) with the exterminator being postponed all along the way.

I was just about to contact the exterminator but realized that we haven't actually seen any ants since a couple of months after we moved in. We found out after the fact that the site super had been coming out to spray Raid in the areas we had seen the ants a few times a week for a few weeks after the walk through. Could he have actually gotten rid of them? Or are they just hunkered down for winter?

I know nothing of carpenter ants except that when we first moved to the area our apartment lease included some pretty strong language requiring us to immediately report any carpenter ant sightings anywhere on the property so I'm kind of scared of them and appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!

Comments (3)