SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexiebalexie

Newbie needs words of wisdom on patience when gardening

alexiebalexie
7 years ago

Hello! I'm a long time lurker on these boards & just started posting on other boards (conifers). Long story short: we built our house 12 years ago & never really landscaped. Now I have more time & found a passion for gardening. I have planted trees, shrubs & perennials, for the last 3 years to really "build" up my garden. I am adding more this year & will be in coming years.

I am most fascinated with natives & am in the process of taking all lawn out of backyard & making it a bird, butterfly native sanctuary. It makes me most happy. I'm in zone 7a coastal LI. Our front yard has sandy soil whereas in the back we have loam soil.

But I digress to my Q; how do you hold patience when starting a new garden? I go from feelings of being exhilarated (with the planning & then doing process) to completely overwhelmed. Things haven't grown fast enough for me!! :-0 I'm completely impatient it seems and because of budget, alot of plants were teeny tiny when I put them in the ground.

I also have a really really bad habit of transplanting over & over because I worry about over crowding plants &/or putting in wrong spots.

How do you stick to a "plan" and let things grow? How long before I will start seeing a lusher garden? I need words of wisdom & some enouragement. Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions