SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dancercr

Opinion on jade?

dancercr
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello all,

I know there are so many jade questions on this forum, and I have scrolled through them all (or quite a few of them anyway), but there is something I am wondering about that I couldn't find the answer to!

I recently had my baby jade (only a couple of years old) on my windowsill, upon which a few weeks ago my cat knocked off. The plant seemed to survive it okay (although growth has slowed), and only lost two leaves (where the red line is pointing to, just below those two leaves).

I moved the plant to a more secure location. A few days ago I was lightly squeezing the leaves to check their moisture levels when a leaf popped off in my hand! (Blue circle).

I would ideally like for this jade to grow more branches, so it isn't one tall plant. Is it possible that new branching could come from where these leaves fell? Or would I have to prune the entire plant in order to see new branching?

(I am currently trying to root the leaf that came off the other day. If this Jade won't branch out, then at least I could have a couple of jades in one pot if the leaf grows roots!)

If this was YOUR jade, what would you do? :)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County